Monday, October 24, 2011

All knotted up!...part 1 of 3

Who doesn't love jewelry?  But...who can really afford it...really?  Some of the loveliest and most thoughtful pieces I've stumbled upon are those that have a story and a presence.  My favorite is anything handmade.  Farmer's Markets and church bazaars are a fantastic place for these kind of finds.  If you have a bigger budget, check out some of your local boutiques to see what regional artist's they carry.  It's so much more fun knowing what you have is unique and labored over. 

My own line of precious bobbles with fellow Powhatan artist, Ramona Sontag, is called Bijou Bee.  Bijou by definition means;  A small, exquisitely wrought trinket.  Delicate, elegant or highly prized.  We adore anything vintage and consider most of our line to possess an earthy-country-vintage feel.  Occasionally we find ourselves drooling over some fabulously colored semi-precious stone and we cannot resist.  As usual, I can easily find myself all over the place when I'm in my "creation zone." 
Here are some of our favorite pieces.



Part two coming up...a "how to" lesson on making these knotted and crocheted pieces.  All Bijou Bee custom jewelry information is available by emailing:  bijoubeejewels@gmail.com.  Some pieces also available at Ciao boutique in Carytown, Richmond, VA. 

1 comment:

  1. I love doing macrame jewelry! I look forward to parts 2 and 3. :)

    ReplyDelete